Roberto Battistini was born on the 16th September 1959 in Bastia, Corsica. After receiving a bachelor’s degree in cinema from the University of Paris VIII, Battistini studied at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Decoratifs of Paris. His work has been displayed in France and abroad at various exhibitions, events and well-known institutions, including the Salon de la Photographie in Paris, France, the Visa Festival of Images in 1990, the annual photography exposition in Cahors, France, entitled the Printemps de la Photographie, and as well at Sotheby’s Paris and the French Alliance Institute of New York, USA.
In 2012, Battistini was selected by the House of European Photography to exhibit photographs as part of the series “REGARDS D’ARTISTES”.
Then in 2013, with the support and collaboration of the Center Mediterranéen of Photography in Bastia, France, Battistini’s work was shown at the exhibition : “Corse 1943 Freedom Fighters” in Ajaccio and Bastia, Corsica.
So as to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the libération of France’s first department in World War II. The photographs were also published in the book : “Corse 1943 Les Combattants de la Liberté“ with Marie FERRANTI.
In 2014, the House of European Photography hosted the exposition "MEMORIA" at the National Museum of History of immigration.
In 2015, the Moroccan Ministry of Culture of Morocco and royal cabinet invited Roberto Battistini to present the "MEMORIA" exhibition at the National Library of Morocco in Rabat.
In 2016, Battistini developed the project "Gainsbourg Still Alive", a creative collaboration with different artists as a tribute to Serge Gainsbourg 25 years after his death.
2017, 2018, 2019 the road show is moving in different galleries with new artistics works.
- 2018 : GAINSBOURG Still Alive - Galerie GRAF Notaires Paris 8.
- 2017 : GAINSBOURG Still Alive - Cornette de Saint Cyr Paris.
- 2015 : MÉMORIA RABAT - Bibliothèque Nationale du Maroc
- 2014 : MÉMORIA - Musée National de l’Histoire de l’Immigration - Mois de la Photo à Paris
- 2013 : CORSE 1943 Les combattants de la Liberté - Ajaccio, Bastia - Partenariat avec le Centre méditerranéen de la Photographie.
- 2012 : Regards d’Artistes - Galerie Blumann Paris - Mois de la Photo à Paris
- 2011 : Exposition collective - French Alliance Institute New York
- 2011 : Gainsbourg Initial LG - Galerie Charpentier chez Sotheby’s Paris
- 1991 : La Mariée autour du Monde - Printemps de la Photo de Cahors
- 1990 : Festival VISA pour l’image « Les Guignols de Canal+ »
- 1987 : Personnalités des Médias - Salon de la Photographie de Paris