Photography of Melody Nelson
Vintage art photography which was used for the cover of the album "Histoire de Melody Nelson" by Serge Gainsbourg, in 1971.
Fine art print :
- Format 50 x 75 cm : limited to 11 copies
- Format 60 x 90 cm : limited to 7 copies
- Format 80 x 120 cm : limited to 7 copies
- Format 120 x 180 cm : limited to 5 copies
- Square format: 100 x 100 cm: edition on 20 copies Exhibition 2022 Gainsbourg Toujours: 4000 euros, framed under glass, black wood, on request at email@example.com
The album "Histoire de Melody Nelson" tells the story of love between Serge Gainsbourg and a 14 years old girl. The story says the he met her while she was biking and he hit her with his Rolls Royce.
The rest of the album, notably the songs "L'hôtel particulier", "Ah Melody", and "Valse de Melody" describes Serge Gainsbourg's feelings. However, the song "Cargo Culte" marks the end of the story, as the girl tragically dies in a plane crash.
The cover photo was realised by Tony Frank, the photographer of "Salut les Copains". Back then, Jane Birkin was pregnant with their daughter, Charlotte Gainsbourg, who was born in 1971. "She did not fit in her jean anymore, that is why the button of her jean is open!" said Tony Frank to Paris Match in 2006.About the artist